Tool for mapping and visualising the workflow and a central component of the Kanban method.
Contains all information for obtaining the required production items (e.g. tasks). Move between the supplier and customer processes.
Materials flows are
- all in a forward direction.
- from supplier to customer.
- in a backward direction.
- from customer to supplier.
It is a scheduling system for just-in-time production.
- From the Japanese word Kanban, meaning "card you can see or touch".
- Developed by Toyota.
- Integral role in the Toyota Production System (TPS).
Official announcement and enactment of project objectives and rules. The kick-off meeting differs from the project start-up workshop.