Conflicts are part of the human's nature.
1. Preventing conflicts
The main thing is to prevent conflicts from occurring. How do you do that?
- Stakeholder management
- Providing information to the right people
- Obtaining feedback, e.g. at the end of the meeting/ workshop etc.
- Implementing project reviews
Keep your eyes open at all times to identify any latent conflicts! And remember that the conflict may still occur, even if you are watchful .
2. Conflict management: covert conflicts
- Is the conflict out in the open or covert?
- Have you prepared a social network diagram?
- Have you correctly identified the parties to the conflict?
- Have you created profiles of the conflict partners?
- Are the conflict partners included in the organisation chart?
3. Conflict management: open conflicts
- Have you checked where the conflict is in the conflict spiral?
- Have you checked whether you are the right conflict manager for your project organisation form?
- Have you used the 10-point-plan for conflict management ?
- Have you obtained professional advice (works council, company medical officer, company psychologist, mediator, arbitrator, legal expert, line manager, steering committee etc.)?
- Have you reported, transferred, escalated the conflict to the proper persons or departments?